- Do I need to live in Missoula to join the Senior Center?
No, while the sizable majority of our members live in Missoula, we have members across western Montana and beyond. You could live anywhere and be a member.
- How is the Senior Center governed?
The Center is governed by a member elected volunteer Board of Directors.
- How can i get more information?
Visit us at 705 S Higgins Ave at the corner of S 5th street W. or call (406)543-7154 for more information. You can also pick up a copy of our newsletter.
- How is the Senior Center funded?
Our meals are partially funded through a partnership with Missoula Aging Services whereby seniors age 60 and older pay $4.00 and we are reimbursed by MAS via Federal programs, the remaining $3.00. The remainder of our funds come from from membership and program fees, fund raising events, and the generosity of local businesses, foundations, and individuals.
- If I don't drive how can I get to the Senior Center
The Center is located at 705 S Higgins Ave at the corner of S 5th St. W. It is on Mountain Lion Line routes 6 & 8. Members can exit the bus right at the Centers front door.
- Are there volunteer opportunities?
Yes, both in the Center and in the community. For details, contact the Center.
- What are the Senior Center hours?
The Center is opened Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. The Underground Thrift Store is open Monday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- If I visit can I get a tour?
Of course. All of our front desk volunteers or a staff member will be happy to give you a tour of our facility.
- Is the Center designed for frail elders or active seniors?
Both. We have members ranging from age 50 to over 100 with a variety of interests and abilities.
- Is the Senior Center accessible?
Yes. The Senior center is a single story, ground level structure which is fully accessible to all. Parking is available in our private lot and on 5th St to the N. .
- Do I need to join as a member to participate in activities?
No, you do not need to be a member to participate. Our programs are open to everyone regardless of age.
- How old do I need to be to participate?
Membership is open to anyone age 50 or older, but anyone is welcome to join activities.